A Second Khulumani Member Group launches in Worcester, Western Cape, 13 September 2015
Ms Belinda Ameterra writes, "We are so glad to share with you that we had our elections meeting today and it went so well. We were 19 attendees. We had apologies from the others due to late working hours and 2 of them were taking part in professional sports today. 1 elderly couple are both sick and in bed. So our new board is elected. We have tried to give every member a portfolio in order for them to live into their potential and so that each of us can work hand in hand with the executive members. I was elected the coordinator / fundraiser for the team. We know it will not be all moonlight and roses but it makes us feel wanted and worthy. We also resolved to have another memorial service on 31 January 2016. We will keep you posted."
Latest from Khulumani Support Group
- Timol inquest gives hope to families battling to uncover apartheid truth
- Hawa Timol's testimony on Ahmed Timol at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC)
- South African prosecutors fail families of victims of apartheid-era political killings in contrast to the accountability demanded in post-Nazi Germany
- Khulumani Marks the 40th Anniversary of the Death of Steve Biko and Remembers Neville Alexander
- Khulumani expresses its gratitude for Colombian intern, Laura Barrios Sabogal’s contributions to the empowerment of its members in three Cape Town metro townships, 31 July – 22 September 2017