- Area of interest: Please provide a motivation.
- The work you are willing or able to do: Please explain what you are able to offer the organisation.
- The envisaged product / outcome of your internship. This might include a report, a media article, a seminar presentation, an annotated bibliography or other product.
- Financial requirements: Interns need to be able to cover their own costs and should be aware that they will also need to be able to cover their own travel costs by public transport to meet with Khulumani groups. Where the assistance of an accompanying person is needed, the intern will need to provide for the accompanying person’s travel and a stipend for their services.
- In your letter of request, please include a short biography, a CV and please detail your previous experience, your qualifications, your special interests and any specific skills that you may be able to share with Khulumani members. Please also indicate your involvement in issues of social justice and human rights issues.
- Please indicate the length of time you are able to commit to Khulumani. Potential interns should be aware that very short periods of time provide little value to the organisation or its members while placing demands on Khulumani project officers. Ideally, an internship should be of a minimum of 6 weeks duration if it is to have any impact.
- Interns should be aware that Khulumani will wherever possible provide access to computers. Wherever possible, please try to bring your own laptop.
Please send your request for an internship to the following email addresses: