As South Africa marks twenty five years since the election of our post-apartheid government, Khulumani Support Group has emerged as a leading social movement actor positioned to play a key role in the on-going processes of transformational justice, taking our country from a damaged society reeling from apartheid oppression and repression, and the eruptions of the liberation struggle, to a society founded on democracy, justice and ubuntu.
Khulumani Support Group is preparing to mark its 25th Anniversary in 2020. The context has changed but the critical role of civil society in providing for support for community-based advocacy for redress, social justice and the advance of accountability measures across our society, continues. Khulumani has developed a range of new strategic partnerships for the next critical period in securing a truly participatory democracy.
Our vision remains the same – to build a just society in which the dignity of people harmed by gross violations of human rights.
Khulumani has reaffirmed
- the need for measures for accountability and democratic practice, measures that are enshrined in Khulumani’s constitution;
- for providing space and visibility for the voices of members rooted in Khulumani member groups across all our provinces, so that their demands drive the organisation’s campaigns, positions and activities; and
- for even more responsive advocacy support in response to new and emerging challenges and conditions.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING FORMER BOARD MEMBERS
- Attack on the Casual Workers’ Advice Office in Germiston – how you can help